Dear List,

I'm trying to add divisions to La Rossignol and I appended the fruits of
my labor.  (Pls widen your window if the modified version wraps around.)
I'm having problems with measure 3: for the 4th and 6th note I can (or
maybe not ?) choose an e of an e-flat, which gives me four combinations to
choose from. (Or five if you count not doing anything at all.)  How do I
make the choice? How do I know that what sounds right to me would have
sounded right to Renaissance ears?  Do the rules of hexachord mutations
reduce the number of "valid" choices?

Thanks,
Peter

   |\                       |\ |\                       |\ |\    |\  |\
   |\                       |  |\                       |  |\    |   |\
   |                        |  |                        |  |     |   |
 __d__c__a__c__d__c__d__f_ _h__f__d__c__a_______ ________________a_ ____a__c____
|_________________________|________________d__c_|_a__c__d__b__d____|_d________d_
|_________________________|_____________________|__________________|____________
|_________________________|_____________________|__________________|____________
|_________________________|_____________________|__________________|____________
|_________________________|_____________________|__________________|____________

   |\                       |\    |\ |\                 |\                |\ |\    |\
|\
   |\                       |\    |\ |\                 |\                |\ |\    |
|\
   |                        |\    |  |                  |\                |  |     |

--
the next auto-quote is:
You cannot play the Song of Freedom on an instrument of oppression.