In a message dated 4/10/04 4:33:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Would there be an authority there who really has the know-how tying double
> frets? I mean, who's done it before and ends up w/ minimum buzzing. It is a
> presentation I certainly wouldn't want to miss.

To Sean and anyone else with an interest in double frets:

Grant Tomlinson is planning to attend the LSA LuteFest, at least the last
time I talked with him.  He gives a very good show-and-tell demo on how to tie
double frets and to set up your lute for it, so I hope he'll do the same this
summer as he did last summer in Vancouver for anyone interested.  I think, for
instance, that it might require a slight adjustment in the way you set up the
action on the string nut.  He learned about double fretting techniques from Ray
Nurse.  By the way, my own Ray Nurse lute with double frets tied on by Grant
under Ray's tutorage, will be on hand at the seminar.

Regards,
Kenneth