In a message dated 4/12/2004 8:01:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I definitely favor the sound of gut over synthetics on instruments intended
for gut.  To play devil's advocate for just a moment, however, there are
some notables who sing Nylgut's praises.  Paul O'Dette favors gut in the
studio or when performing in stable climes, but tours with Nylgut and
loudly celebrates the virtue of its pitch not responding to humidity.  I
tend to favor Nylgut over stock nylon, but again, I favor the sound of gut
over either.
  I agree, gut is the best sound overall; but depending on who made the
instrument and who is playing it, nylgut can sound quite good.  I think the better
the quality of the instrument, the better it can sound with nylon, nylgut,
carbon, etc.

Sincerely,

James