Dear all,
             If it is interesting, I've been using nylgut for years, in all
of my lutes and vihuelas, and it is true that it takes a short while until
you find the right gauges, but once you've done it, it is for my taste the
best synthetic option available today in the market.
Advantages: nice texture, pretty decent tone and grip, very stable and
tolerant to weather changes (I wouldn't tour with gut, personally).
I've recently tried the overspun nylgut, and I guess I have to try them for
longer, but so far there're the best overspun strings I've ever played.
I know that many professional players are using them even for recordings.
Saludos,
Ariel.