On Marted́, giu 15, 2004, at 11:26 Europe/Rome, Ariel Abramovich wrote:

> Not willing to fall into an endless discussion about an item that
> doesn't
> fully interest many of us,

oh i don't know...

i'm riveted.

i think it's interesting to speculate on the music and musical
instruments that were first brought to the new world in the 1500's.
what became of them - how they adapted - is not as important to me as
discovering if they've changed that much at all.

for example - please pardon me while i repeat myself - would anyone
care to speculate on the origins of the various tunings that are found
in south america?  should they (the present day tunings) be considered
as imports or do you think they evolved in the new world?

regards - bill