Dear Arto,

There is a modern edition published by Ugrino Verlag, Hamburg, in
1957. Goodness knows if it is still in print. It has a few facsimile
pages.

I also have a facsimile edition published by the Zentralantiquariat
der Deutschen Demokratischen Republik_, Leipzig, 1977. They may have
changed their name by now. Again, I doubt whether this facsimile is
still in print.

I feel sure I've seen the songs somewhere else, e.g. in a Lute
Society newsletter, but I'm afraid I can't remember. Hopefully
someone else can.

-o-O-o-

Arnolt Schlick's _Tabulaturen Etlicher Lobgesang_ was published in
1512, the year after Sebastian Virdung's _Musica getutscht_. Schlick
was very rude about Virdung, saying that Virdung had written an
impossible chord for the lute: L.c.4.kk, which looks like this in
French tablature:

_h_
_a_
_b_
___
___
_d_

OK, it's unplayable as it stands, but one wonders what had rattled
Schlick's cage for him to be so unpleasant towards Virdung.

All the best,

Stewart McCoy.