11/08/04

Hello Bill,

I was watching a Public Television special on Native American culture.
It's a bit more involved than 'sharp lawyers'.  :)

The eagle is considered the chief of the bird nation (it flies the highest
and is the strongest).  The Native Americans (at least in North Dakota and
South Dakota) believe the eagle is the messenger from the Great Spirit,
and if I remember correctly also carries the prayers of the people to the
Great Spirit.  So eagles have a deeply religious significance to Native
Americans.

To maintain their traditions and religion, Native Americans have access to
plant, animal, and bird substances that are not available to the rest of
us.

Stephen.