Dear lutenists,

this is an interesting discussion! I have been sometimes thinking
the opposite in theorbo stringing. The tension that for example
A. Lawrence-King uses in his baroque harps seems to be (actually
"feels to be", I've tried to pluck his instruments sometimes)
quite a lot more than theorbists use to use. And the sound is
very nice! So what kind of string tension is normal in baroque
harps? Our harpists, please tell us!  :-)

I understand that d-minor baroque lutes are very different beasts
compared to theorboes...

Arto