Thanks Arto and Jon,
   The number Arto gave is very close to the number I had. It just seemed
pretty dense but I guess that's the idea. It will mean some pretty thin strings
to keep the tension from getting too high.
   Arto, (I wish I knew any other language as well as you do English.) What I
mean by tensile strength is the breaking strength or the maximum amount of
tension the string can support before it breaks. As Jon said, this would be in
weight per square measure. (As in grams per square millimeter.) I'm still
checking on this. If I get an answer, I'll post it.

Craig

Arto Wikla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear Craig,

> Does anybody have the mass and tensile strength values for carbon
> fiber strings. (Saverez strings claim not to be carbon fiber so those
> numbers won't necessarily work.) Thanks,

I use 1791 Kg/m³ for "carbon" (high density hydrocarbon polymer?)
strings in my calculator. Seems to work well.

And if you do not know the material and its density, but you have the
string, you may measure its diameter, length and weight, and then use
my "sub-calculator" , see the link Density in the calculator:
http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/wikla/mus/Calcs/wwwscalc.html

Arto

PS I hope I understood right the terms "mass and tensile strength
value", my English is not so very good...