Our first defense against fascism is a respect for truth and events as
they happened: The Night of the long Knives was an internal purge
ordered by Hitler against the S.A.
Modern democracy is not based on belief, but reason; it is not a matter
of faith, but on the contrary a matter of profound mistrust in power.
This is the basis for the separation of legistlative, executive and
judicial powers in the West.
"Clear and undisputed majority" was not the case 4 years ago. In fact,
one of the big advantages of democracy is that it can survive unclear
results and disputation, thanks to the above mentioned separation of powers.
Liberals do not hate George Bush, they hate his policies because they
feel those policies undermine some of the fundamental principles of
democracy.
Alain