> On the other hand, we mustn't forget that some artists at some
> periods used curved mirrors and the camera obscura to paint something
> that was very much like a photograph, although certainly not a
> snapshot.
Ed, this "theory" is already being debunked at the highest level. It is so
full of holes that it reeks of BS. Renaissance draftsmanship is
inconceivable to artists (mis)trained today, after The Great Devaluation of
Academic Skill of last 50 years, but among my father's generation of artists
there were still many who possessed abilities and skills to accomplish
"photographic" representations of objects with minimal effort. They had all
the eye-hand coordination necessary to do this without any optical aids.
You should take that Hockney "theory" with a pound of salt.
RT