Dear Michael,

Yes, the Widhalm is a lovely one, isn't it?  I'm very proud!  I was able to
get mine second hand, and it's truly superb:  its dimension are 73/89/102 - it
has a Jauck-style triple extension.  Here's a photo-link onto Grant's site:

http://tomlinsonlutes.com/thirt2.html

The instrument pictured is my lute, although the photo is now several years
old.  The lute has wonderful tone, balance, exquisite workmanship and dynamic
range.  It even packs a continuo punch; so who could ask for anything more?

Yes, I'm thinking of getting some wound nylguts from Mimmo for the basses -
his "D" type strings, are they?

All best,

Benjamin