Hmmm, perhaps. I have always viewed that "thumb" sign as more of a carry
through stroke, a kind of double (or triple) pluck - not a strum per se.  For
me, at least, a strum is really more akin to what is done on a baroque guitar,
something that uses several strings (at least 3 anyway to make a chord) by
necessity, often acting more a percussive unit than a subtle fingering.  But I
am happy to see what you mean, and can certainly put this down more to
categorisation than anything musical.

Best,

Benjamin