Ok! let's go from the worst to the best.
Our friend Per Kjetil made marvelous transcriptions for the 8-string guitar
and recorded them. Maybe he's still on the list and permits to put an example
piece on the net.
Hi Per Kjetil! Are you there?
It's really good work but still I am missing something ....

BTW: His thesis is well worth reading and gives a good overview over the lute
in the galant period.

Best wishes
Thomas

--