In my eyes that isn't true for Weiss, but I should check that once again.
He uses every possible position and his fingering is very thoughtful.
Usually he therefore avoids unnecessary shifting of positions, so very often
notes are played in higher positions, although they could have been played also
in the first positions.

Best
Markus