countries or china was corrected by an expert a while ago telling me it
would be from the region of persia.

Thomas

"Steve Amazeen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> am 11.04.2005 08:06:49

An:    "Lute List" <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Kopie:

Thema: Re: Blind players and memory

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Thames" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>; "Steve Amazeen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: Blind players and memory

> Steve,
>  Whilst it's true these instruments bare a resemblance to the lute as we
> know it today.  They are clearly not the lute.
>   I personally believe however that the origins of the modern oud , lute,
> has it's roots firmly in China and India.
> Michael Thames
> www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com

Hi Michael,

I may have missed something, to which instruments are you referring?  My
post was to clarify the instrument referred to in the "Four Arts" of  a
scholar in China.

The theory that the lute, oud etc. originated in Asia is certainly
fascinating.

Steve Amazeen

CONFIDENTIALITY : This  e-mail  and  any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If  you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.