Hi All,

long time since I posted on the lutenet...

Over the weekend just gone, Gordon Gregory hosted the Lute Society's
exhibition (which is held every other year).  I stayed for the whole
weekend, and it seemed to me a great success.  There were more than 20
lutes (many of which were for sale) for people to try.  Gordon's house has
lots of rooms, giving people a chance to try instruments out in private.

I understand that at least two instruments changed hands during the weekend.

Lynda Sayce came on Saturday, and played a short recital of baroque and
renaissance music in the sitting room.  In addition there was a lot of
spontaneous duetting and ensemble playing.

In terms of lute outreach, several beginners came, and a number of
guitarists interested in taking up the lute.  Obviously, it was a great
opportunity for them to try out a large range of instruments, and to hear
them played.

Cheers,

Anna
--