Christopher Schaub <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I'm thinking of a nice leather
> cover with some very minimal binding of loose pages that
> can be easily changed.

You mightt try this in two stages - A 'working' book of seperate sheets
with a few edge holes, the lot tied by ribbons.  When a piece proves
itself, promote it to another more permanet book, also tied by
ribbons.  As the second book gets enough pages bind it more permanently
and traditionally.  Save the leather clad boards for the 'proven' books.

Quality books with sewn bindings can be re-bound, something I have not
done, so I leave it to you to research this - lots of information
exists about quality book binding.

--
Dana Emery