>BTW: It's absolute correct to tell the way guitar music is >notated today a
>relatively modern invention. From the early renaissance >until the late
>baroque/early romantic period it was common to notate >the music for the
>guitar in tablature. I wonder if the change in guitar >technique causes
this
>change in notation. The tab system has many advantages >when assuming
>rasguado-playing ...

>Best wishes
>Thomas

   Thomas, I usually see your logic, and agree with almost all of your
comments.  However to call a system of guitar notation that has been around,
for 200 years, and used by the foremost guitar composers of the past and
present, a " relatively modern invention"  your sense of the passage of time
is allot different than mine, what kind of sweetener are you using in you
coffee thesedays?  I'd like to try some too!

Michael Thames
www.ThamesClassicalGuitars.com