  From: Greg M. Silverman
  To: Arthur Ness
  Cc: Eugene C. Braig IV ; lute list
  Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2005 4:36 PM
  Subject: Re: French Lutenist about to release a worldwide first- the Book of
Perrine

  Arthur Ness wrote:

  >There is a belief in some quarters of the guitar world that the grand staff
is used for keyboard music so that each hand has a separate staff.  Hence the
Schrade (Kohlhase) staff.  But with baroque lute music, the right hand will
frequently play in the bass clef.  So the two staves do not mark a separation
point between thehands.

  Well, sure, but also for piano music the left hand often crosses over
  into the treble clef and vice versa for the right hand going into the
  bass clef, so point is that there really is no point, Ja? ;-)

  Greg--

LEFT