>  Mr. Trovosky, first of all, I don't get the spell check joke.
>
>  Of course there is lute music by Bryd, that lutenists have intabulated
>  a no brainer.
Michael, calling "Bryd's" highly complex music "a no brainer" testifies to
your lack of that particular organ.

> Couch's assumption that a key board player would find a
I know of no board game called "Key".

> note for note transcription of lute music interesting is a long shot.
You meant curveball.

> Actually this angle by Couch would suggest Byrd transcribed or arranged
I never knew that angles have a power of suggestion.

> lute music for Keyboard, the exact other way around.
>   Byrd originally conceived his music ON the keyboard, he wrote for the
> keyboard, he wrote in staff notation.
I suspect Byrd conseived his misic in his head.

> Don't forget Ness's original
It would be grammatically appropriate to write NESS'.

> words "Byrd wrote lute music in grand staff". If Byrd arranged his
Michael, if you had an iota of intelligence, or basic English grammar for
that matter, you'd be able to differentiate between "Byrd wrote lute music
in grand staff", which means that Byrd wrote lutelike music for keyboard,
from something like "Byrd wrote music for the lute in grand staff" which
would have meant what you harebrainedly assign to what Arthur wrote.

>  Regards'
>  John Haskins
You should also learn to tell a comma from an apostrophe. A most useful
habit....
RT