> I, for one, would defend Matanya's right to have his say on this forum. I
> have known Ophee and Ness personally for many years and consider them both
> generous and knowledgeable men.
>
> Some of you may not like Matanya's style. So what?
Some (if not most) of us detest Matanya's substance.
As to his style: it is a small collection of journalistic cliches rehashed
ad nauseam.

> This is supposedly an open
> forum for the free exchange of ideas, not a referred journal. Arthur is
> perfectly capable of defending himself.
Actually the only person capable of defending oneself here is yours truly,
not being a gentleman.
Some (to paraphrase The Wind in the Willows) might even enjoy seeing a
gentleman in difficulties.

> If you look behind the bluster, Matanya has a great deal of valuable
> information to share
Really? Just how valuable FOR US is what Giuliani had for lunch 5/11/1821?

(although I dare say he would be better served if he toned down
> bragging about his own accomplishments and pointing out the foibles of his
> peers).
>
> Matanya's field of expertise is 19th-century guitar music. Whether this is
> the proper forum for discussing such matters, I will leave for others to
judge.
> Peter Danner
It is not a matter of judgement, and this relativism is not appropriate
here.
RT

Signup at www.doteasy.com