Benjamin,

Yes, indeed;  it is available.  Stephan Lundgren published a book, "The
Baroque Lute Companion",  in 1993 in his series of Lungren Editions,
Munchen.  This is a comprehensive book, and is a modern tutor for technique
playing, and it has many, many musical examples.

As well, in this book, it contains translations in English, of the Prefaces
for:
1.   Esias Reusner  "Neue Lauten Fruchte" 1676
2.   Denis Gaultier  "Livre de Tablature de Pieces de Luth" 1680
3.   Jaques de Gallot  "Pieces de Lvth" 1684
4.   Phillipp Franz LeSage de Richee  "Cabinet der Lauten" 1695
5.   Charles Mouton  "Pieces de Luth" 1698

For the price of the book, it is worth it for the translations themselves.

ed

At 04:33 PM 10/24/2005 +0100, Benjamin Narvey wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>I'm wondering if anyone has done/knows of a translation of the preface of Le
>Sage de Richee's "Cabinet der Lauten" into English.
>
>If not, and if there are any German speakers out there who might be
>willing to
>do one, I might well be able to email them a good quality digicam version of
>the entire document in return.
>
>All best to all!
>
>Benjamin
>

>To get on or off this list see list information at
>http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812