gary digman wrote:

> It occurs to me there may be a touch of irony in this concern with
> being "historically correct", We're the artists whose aesthetic we are
> trying to embody concerned about being historically correct? If not,
> is not our concern for historical correctness unhistorical?

Of course it's unhistorical.  The question is whether it's musically
worthwhile.  "Historical correctness" is just a convenient but
inaccurate shorthand for "an attempt to play the music as well as
possible, which includes trying to understand (and, as nearly as is
possible to determine, actually experience) how the people who created
it would have expected it to sound."

HP