Hi!

There is pretty much sacred music for the lute. as someone already mentioned
Cathy Lidell's book gives a nice overview of what existed in the renaissance
period - she also included ensemble settings or at least melody lines as basis
for one's own ensemble settings.

Apart from the 2 books of psalms by Vallet (one with solo music one with songs)
and the elder Reusner's choral settings (some of them to find on my homepage
http://www.cms.tslaute.de) there is a hige amount of sacred music for the
vihuela which easily could be played on the lute.
And very much music is spread in manuscript sources.

If your interested in baroque lute music. There we would have much ranging from
the rather simple settings of the younger Reusner up to very elaborated
versions with variations by Falckenhagen.

All the best
Thomas