>> It is possible that the bowel is an original 1733 bowel from an original
>> 1733 instrument.
>> a lot of Bach's manuscripts were used to wrap fish in, or so the story
> goes.
This story makes my bowel move

>> This is not a Lute as it is now configured.  Neither is a Hurdy Gurdy,
> which
>> as I understand it was an instrument  many of which were made from old
> Lute
>> bowels.
That rather depends whether any particular lute was a carnivore or a
herbivore, and whether lutes ever graze on shrubbery, if the latter. And
lastly but not leastly: whether a lute is toilet-trained.

>> The point is, having parts from an original  1733 Lute on some
> non-descript
>> instrument of questionable attribution or date, does not make it a 1733
>> Lute.  I do not see how that argument can be disputed.  If the instrument
> is
>> being sold as an original 1733 Lute then it is a fraud and a very bad one
>> seeking to take advantage of the less knowledgeable.
>> Vance Wood.
Nah, pushing shrubbery for "miniature tree" that would be a fraud.
RT