> Has is ever occurred to you that Karamazov has gotten into the big
> league on
> the basis of his IRREPROACHABLE MUSICIANSHIP? Or because he plays
> so well
> that he is capable of expression?

Based on the excerpts from the Dowland CD, no. Based on the 5 min
excerpt at

http://www.alpha-prod.com/catal.asp?
ct=97&r=Britten&oct=23&ttsc=Britten , no.

Listen, more power to the guy. Maybe he sounds much better in person
than on these 2 recordings. Maybe he will get great commercial
success on the basis of his Sting collaboration, and again more power
to the guy. The greatest financial reward doesn't always go to the
best players. Any secondary gain to the greater lute world will be
much appreciated.

But honestly Roman, if this guy wasn't your friend and you heard him
playing these excerpts in a blinded comparison of multiple
performers, I think we would enjoy your patented rapier like invective.

DS