It has been long time when I last tuned my archlute - which now is
stringed by single strings on the fingerboard (and of course single
basses). I tuned the beast (or the "axe" a'la RT), and what nice and lute
like sound it has! And there is not a single gut string... just the
horrible and un-HIP synthetics!  :-)

I just scanned through some pieces in the Doni ms. (SPES 70). And nobody
is allowed to say me it wasn't lute playing and lute sound! :-)

Dear folks, play well and enjoy your music! Perhaps others will, too... :)

All the best,

Arto