Hi all

> Yet another theorbo question.  It seems to me that a moderately-sized
> solo theorbo in D minor tuning would be a good all-purpose Baroque
> lute upon which one could play the "modern" late 17th/early 18th-
> century continuo, as well as all the German (and maybe even some of
> the French?) Baroque lute repertoire.  I'm wondering if there is any
> historical evidence to suggest that theorbo players (moderately-sized
> theorbo players? ;-)) did that.

This could be a good idea to me: I have now my smaller theorbo (Barber's
French theorbo, 76cm:8x1/140cm:6x1) stringed and tuned to high
d-theorbo, but that instrument could be easily set also to d-minor
tuning. But what would our collective "hip police" say about playing
Gaultier,   Weiss, Falkenhagen, Losy, etc. by a single strung
instrument...  ;-))

Arto