Dear lutenists,

I had already decided to skip this subject, but then on Thu, 23 Nov 2006,
Roman wrote:

> And as far as the specific performance is concerned: there are opinions out
> there according to which EK/S's "IN DARKNESS" is likely to be the best
> Dowland performance ever, full of characted, archtectural, dramatic, gutsy
> in actually doing "jarring sound" when the text calls for it, and simplly
> beautiful, technical issues notwithstanding.

"There are opinions out there..."?  Where there exactly? And on what
basis? There really are lots of opininions "out here and out there", on
whatsoever matter.

But dear Roman, I hope you are just repeating someones strange opininions
"out there" about S's Darkness being the greatest? Or do you really share
that view??

To my ears and to my (musical) understading, S was really showing his
worst in his "In darkness"! To me his decisicion to include the deepest
and most difficult song by Dowland to his CD, was really a sign of S not
understanding his abilities, and also certain lack of singing technique.

I bought the "Labyrinth". There are good things in it; there is an
attitude, ... But in my eyes (actually TO ears :.) the strength,
abilities, understanding and tehnique of Sting are not enough to the
"In Darkness". Not even near!

All the best,

Arto