In einer eMail vom 02.12.2006 03:26:38 Westeurop=E4ische Normalzeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> But in an earler message you mentionned the following, "I find at
> least on the cittern
> that the damped string gives a nice percussive sound to the chord."
> You appeared to be talking of damping the string after it has been
> struck.
> I just misunderstood from this point.

As I said I am not at all sure if my ideas on this subject have an great
worth as I don't have a 6course to try them on.

But even in the example above that you quoted, I am talking about the sound
of a damped string played together with the notes I want to play at the same
time.

best wishes
Mark