David
        When I think about it, I suppose stringing an archlute in gut would
be similar in difficulty to striging a Baroque lute, if string length
and the number of courses is the problem.
Thus if you can keep an archlute strung in gut, it should be possible
to do the same with a Baroque lute. I hope this reasoning is correct.
Regards
Anthony