Dear David
        Thank you for your reply which shows my memory did not completely
fail me after all, but my lateral thinking nevertheless was a little
too far to the side, not to say skew-whiff!
Do you use Nick's strings mainly on the top (high-twist, or also in
the mid)? Is it fair to say that they are of similar durability, but
a little softer to the touch than the Kuerschner?
I will drop into your site and listen to you with your Korean
soprano. Those must be very pleasant evening meals with Toyohiko
Satoh, including the gut talk.

I am glad to have made you a virtual 11c Baroque player; as it is
said of the Kyudos archer A true shot is not just one that hits the
center of the target, but one where the arrow can be said to exist in
the target before its release; so perhaps a good Baroque lute player
is one who is already playing in his mind's-eye even before he has
obtained his Baroque lute.
No I am afraid that is my lateral thinking going awry again, or just
my wishful thinking.
Regards
Anthony