Hello list!

I would be interested how you see the things with the length of notes that
(can) last longer than the rhythmic value in tabluature in transcription
into "modern" 5-line system.
Some traiteses do have notes on special signes that tell to let a string
sing longer than the rhythmic value says (if no other fret in the string has
to be used), but in the most pieces after those explanations they are no
more used. Maybe because "everyone" knows at what grade of dissonance to
stop a string floating.
Who really does stop strings if a _faint_ sound from a string makes a
dissonance?
For the transcription you have to take a choice how you do it, so I wanted
to ask you how you do it. What traiteases explain that more detailed?

Kind regards,
Hermann