One composition/theory teacher at McGill, had perfect (absolute) pitch, as well
as a photographic memory and the aural equivalent (tape-recorder memory), and
who demonstrated these skill many times. (He once memorized a piano part for
performance with orchestra an entire Ligeti score in the 20 minutes it took to
drive him fom the Halifax airport to the down-town concert hall. In class he
transcribed from one listening an entire Varese score, just to prove a point of
discussion.)

He often performed with ensembles that tuned at pitches above or below a=440hz
(often with organs - in Montreal - that are hard to shift and include many
tracker instruments tuned to baroque pitch levels and tuning systems). I asked
him how he managed this with perfect pitch. He answered that he did not know,
but his pitch sense adjusted automatically (subconsciously) to whatever level
and tuning system was in use.

Gordon J Callon
School of Music
Acadia University