Hi Daniel,

I've ordered the CD but haven't heard it yet.

> I don't have access to the liner notes online. Is there any
> historical precedent for a lute/mandolin pairing in the Baroque?

I'm not aware of any specific pairing of Baroque (D-minor) lute with
the mandolino, but archlute certainly.  The Dalla Casa manuscript
provides:

- Suonata a Mandolino, e ArciLeuto obligati Del Sig. Antonio Tinazzoli
- Two Concerti a Mandolino, e Baso del ArciLeuto Di Giuseppe Vaccari
- Concerti a Mandolino, e Baso del ArciLeuto Di Lodvico Fontanelli
- Suonata con Grave e suo Minuetto a Mandola e Baso -- del Arcileuto

I also remember Ray Nurse telling me (years ago) that there was an
archlute case (from the Dolmetsch collection?) that had a little space
shaped to hold a mandolino.

Best,

Eric

Eric Liefeld