Hindemuth had a spurt of writing compositions for all kinds of
instruments, including recorder. (Jeremy Montague (sp?) wrote to Early
Music decades ago about HIP, objecting to the equally anachronistic
playing of Hindemuth's recorder trio on baroque-fingered instruments!)

I don't have any record of him  writing a Lute Concerto nor
Sonata/ina. Null reports are no proof of non-existance, but there's
one datapoint.

ray