> Roman wrote:
>
>> The original was for a single voice and organ, and I have never seen a
>> multivoice arrangement.
>
> Do you have a source for the original? Vladimir Vavilov sounds
> interesting,
> but all I can find is a Wikipedia article written by the same person who
> maintains your entry, someone calling himself Galassi, a self proclamined
> Ukrainian living in New York. So, perhaps you can shed a little more light
> on Vavilov?
I could tell you that I know Mr.G (not his real name) since 1970. And he is
a reliable source, a real scholar.
All we know about VV is contained in 2 articles in Russian written by a
Tartar guitarist Rustem Akhunov  and an Israeli singer-guitarist Vladimir
Zeev Geisel.
AFAIK there were no English translations.
I once owned the original 1972 LP recording of VV's "Early" music that
includes AVE, but I gave it to Pat O'Brien years ago. He slill has it. It
has been reissued on CD in recent years.

Here;s a video clip of 2 guitar pieces by A.Sychra. The 2nd is authentic,
the 1st is by VV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zo0rTVtSLI
RT