From: David Tayler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: lute-cs.dartmouth.edu <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 6, 2007 6:46:46 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Double Meantone Theorbo and Guitar variants

7 fretted course theorbo in G single reentrant
d'

Double reentrant

Guitar in D
d'
G or g

other variants possible including an open F-Shap string.

A theorbo a Tone higher--though for this temperament I prefer
slightly the G version.
6 Fretted coursed have the option to tune the upper strings like the
 bass viol.
8 Fretted can have a D and a C which is good for later baroque music

Other variants are possible--A fretted low C is excellent  gives a
fuller C Major chord as well a a true low D Flat.