>> be that the lute in question here actually is a 10/11-corse liuto
>> attiorbato?
>
> If that means, 1st and 2nd courses normal (like on the lute), the answer
> is no. All pieces of Libro prima require 1st and 2nd courses down the
> octave. (Nevertheless, one might want to discuss one or another
> toccata.)

Ops, I was thinking about the Libro primo for lute, not the Libro primo
for chitarrone. The recordings I know of the music from that book is
played on a regular french 10-course lute, but I have wondered if
Kapsberger might have had a liuto attiorbato in mind, not the least
because I have heard that the music actually requires an 11-course
instrument in a few places.

Are