Hi Rocky

Long time no see, great to hear you're playing.

I have used Finale for years (for music notation and tabs) and it
..
I also have created  custom fonts to make some notation challenges easier.

I'm a heavy Finale user too, including tabs, especially since that has become a lot easier with the latest versions. Can you elaborate on the fonts? I'm on WinFin2K8.

How do others prefer preparing their scores?

As clear as possible, with carefully planned page turns, in the notation (French/Italian tab/staff notation, still no German tab I'm sorry to say) of the original, but adapted to my liking. So in 16th century polyphony I often leave out the barlines. In some complex music I prefer taff notation even if the original is in tabs. In tabs I prefer 'modernized' note values in the rhythm staff (I don't use Finale's tab rhythm but make a seperate staff, no staff lines, no barlines, reduced in size). In French tab I still often use a broad tipped pen instead of Finale. In cyphers as well as rhythm it makes a prettier picture to play from. In short, everything to aid sight reading and make musical content clear. As little fingering as possible.

David