Ed, Here is my personal photo of L'Ensemble Phal=E8se Consort (The
Little Big-Band), Pascal Gallon is directing on the left, and Jean-
Marie Poirer, is second from the right in the front row (taken at a
music festival in Caen, where Jacob Heringman was the guest). You
will see that he is indeed left-handed.
http://tinyurl.com/35ewba

Jean-Marie, as Lina Messina says has at least two very interesting
web sites. He also uses, at least some gut on his lute, as he told me
he still has some of the original loaded strings in use on one of his
lutes.

http://poirierjm.free.fr/
http://le.luth.free.fr/

I hope your trip to the museum of music goes well.
Regards
Anthony