I think I had problems sending this message, sorry if it is duplicated...

Thanks Tony, Anthony and Lino for the kind words and link to my webpage. Don't
be mistaken : Lino is also a talented player, the only thing is he is
right-handed; nobody's perfect... ;-))) !

Well, Tony, if I remember well - the film was shot in 1991...- I think
there is one scene where we can see the hands of Jean-Louis
Charbonnier when JP MArielle is doing "Air Viol" the rest of the time
(as someone said before). JL,Charbonnier was in charge of teaching the
actors how to hold a viol and move their arms to give the impression
they could really play...You can appreciate the results. Some were
obviously more gifted than others, weren't they ?

I fake play on the song Une jeune fillette but it's true I played
along and Marielle didn't for the simple reason that I'm a lute player
and he is NOT a viol player, but an excellent actor anyway.

In the scene with the two Sainte Colombe girls, I play a lute made by
the English maker John Gorrett in 1980. It isn't a copy an Italian
model but was inspired by different models, Sellas included. It is not
a faithful copy of an extant instrument really. I still use this
instrument as an archlute and it works quite well indeed.

I think that's it for my "memorabilia" ;-).

Tony, hope to see you at our concert on Saturday !

Best to eveybody,

Jean-Marie Poirier

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
02-02-2008