On Mar 3, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Rob MacKillop wrote:

> I think it would be a shame if we started to emulate classical guitar
> pedagogy. Every year there are AMAZING guitarists coming out of these
> institutions, far more than we ever hear about. There is no work for
> 99.99per cent of them. Most of the ones I've heard sound like wannabe
> David Russell's.

Well, there's nothing actually, y'know, wrong? with being able to
play like David Russell;  after all, the guy *can* play the paint off
the walls!  ;-)

> I like the fact that every lute player sounds different.
> The less
> streamlining the better, IMHO.

In Baroque lute, purely a personal preference, I do look for some
amount of standardization.

DR, to some extent playing the devil's advocate...
[EMAIL PROTECTED]