For the period in question, 1516-1598 I should think vihuelas are well within reason and fiddles and bows went in a lot of directions. Capos don't bother me much either. It would be like forbidding putting your lute against the right period of table for a little amplification. Or, dare I say suggest it, forbidding reading modern scores. It would be nice and maybe icing on the cake but eventually I'll judge the performance to whether it atchieves the goals of the music, the composer, the players and the director.

When a Spike Jones score calls for a C# pistol shot, we really should find a C# pistol but do we really need to find a period revolver?

Btw, is that Lee Santana playing percussion?

Sean