Thanks Wayne for your help which seems to have clarified the issue. I am sure this article would be of interest to Stephen K. also.

David, there seems to have been much scholarly discussion on the issue of his birth place, so there is good reason for there to have been doubts. Your supposition was entirely logical, and this obliged me to look for clarification, and with Wayne's help, a likely good conclusion.
I  for one learnt something in the process.

However, for a moment, thinking about the recent subject raised by Rob, I wondered whether I had been the victim of bad Web reporting that I had taken for granted. Already, Peter Martin told me that I had sent Stephen K. a "bowdlerized" lute-neutered version of Mille Ducas (although, to be fair, it was the only one I found), and then I feared I had further lead the list astray. It is always best to check and recheck, and to add a note of caution in a message when one is not fairly certain of the facts, I just sent the quote, without the note of caution, so in that I was also both right and wrong. Fortunately it seems we have come nearer to the facts, until further research, perhaps
puts this in question again.
Best wishes to all
Anthony