Yes Bruno, the fret spacing is different than that used in equal
temperament.

See David van Ooijen's website->  http://www.davidvanooijen.nl/

Click the Yellow box (shows a lute rose?). Under his Writings tab on the
left side navigation pane, select Meantone Temperament for Lute.  An
excellent article with directions to set up a Renaissance G tuned lute
for One Quarter Comma Meantone Temperament, and One Sixth Comma Meantone
Temperament (used more frequently by lutenists who wish to play in
ensembles with other musicians).

Regards,
Stephen.