> On May 16, 2008, at 12:57 AM, Ehud Yaniv wrote:
>> My question - is knowing how to play the lute essential to being
>> successful in building?

I cannot imagine how a non-player could deal with setting up the action
and similar issues influencing the playability of the instrument lacking
input from a player.  That player could be a second person, but far more
conveniant for the builder to also be a player.  A more experienced player
could help, and sometimes the customer plays that role even when the
builder is also an experieenced player as different players will have
subjective opinions on some aspects of the design.

--
Dana Emery