You lucked out- (or he improved by the time you got yours?) I left
his shop- somewhere mid-town I think- and proceeded on downtown to
No. 2 Bond street off Broadway where David Rubio fixed me up with
nice, metal fret, bone saddle, but NINE course thing that delighted
me for years. Sic Transit Gloria Testudinarium.