Dan, thanks for that. Also thanks to LGS-Europe David, who fells that the
notch is not a big deal, that it's "what people do".
As long as I am getting such good free and alas contradictory (but that is OK
-- don't take that the wrong way!) advice, here is something else for which I
need input: I have a terrible crack in the top of this thing, which makes a
very annoying buzz. I was thinking of removing the filigree from the sound
hole to get in & fix it, perhaps with the extensible clamp from LMI. I can
make a new filigree with the little MAXNC-10 CNC milling machine that I have,
but still I'd rather not. The crack is part of the way open so it needs to be
clamped shut, & I wondered if it is worth trying to set up a jig with suction
disks to do it all from the outside. What options does one have in such
matters?
Thanx,
plh

At Sun, 24 Aug 2008 12:29:49 -0700 (DST), you wrote

----